Sunday, December 4, 2011

The End is Near

I can't believe there are only four days of school left, and I come back to America in seven days. Time has flown for me here in Melbourne. I have learned a lot at Maranatha and am leaving with some great experiences and friendships.

I haven't blogged for a long time because I was at camp for five days. We lived in tents and were in the Otways, a beautiful area. It was a mix rainforest, forest and coast all on hilly terrain. We got some beautiful views. It also goes along the Great Ocean Road. We lived on food we brought. My diet was English muffins, oatmeal, some bars, water and 2-minute noodles. Glad to have real food now.

The weather was a mix of rain and sun shine. It was sunny one minute and as we started to put on sunscreen it started raining. Other then some bad weather we also kept awake by koalas. Those animals make the worst noises at night, even worse then the students who stayed up all night.

The students were well behaved overall. There were fourteen of them, both girls and guys. Of course there were moments that I was an unhappy teacher. Yet, overall it was a good experience. We had some good times and good memories. I'm glad I went. It has helped me become a better teacher and leader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll review it as soon as I can!