Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Camping with the Aussies

It's getting close to the end of the school year. At the end of year, different grades will go on various camps. On Monday I left school for Phillip Iland on a three day adventure with the year 8 students. The camp had "cabins" so we weren't roughing it or anything. The students got to go canoeing, on a high ropes course, surfing and on a giant swing. It was good fun. I was able to go surfing for the first time in my life, and I am proud to say that I successfully got up. I now understand why people become addicted to the sport.

I am of course rather tired from having to stay up late a couple nights in a row and then having a full day with excessively energetic kids. Year 8 kids are a fascinating bunch. They're about to embark on the epic voyage of high school yet still have brains of primary school kids (elementary school kids).

Next week all the school will be taking tests or are in revision so I get to do something very cool. I get to work on curriculum development, the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War. All of this will be from an Australian perspective, but it'll be fun. Though I am not an expert on either era, I love developing curriculum.

I'm hoping to go on the Great Ocean Road this weekend, but if I don't, I'll try to do something exciting, perhaps ride a kangaroo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll review it as soon as I can!