Friday, January 28, 2011

Back from Greece and Italy

I have arrived back in the United States from my trip to Greece, Italy, Germany and the Vatican. The amazing thing is that though I went to four different countries, the only one that I got my passport stamped was the one I spent the least amount of time in, Germany. I spent a couple hours in Frankfurt on my way to Greece about an hour and a half on my return flight in Munich.

The focus of my trips was to study Paul's letters. I have learned a lot about the Roman and Hellenistic world that Paul lived part of his life in. (He was Jewish.) The book of Acts was especially interesting since that book gives the most detailed of Paul's journey.

More details will come later. My travels have not ended. I am still in Chicago. :(

A quote from Kierkegaard regarding Paul's victory in life: "It is one thing to let ideas strive with ideas; it is one thing to battle and be victorious in a dispute; it is something else to be victorious over one's own mind when one battles in the reality of life." (Works of Love, pg. 88)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll review it as soon as I can!